My works are a portrayal of myself, emotions, thoughts, and what I perceive about society. Visually, my actions show a ‘play’ of already existing motifs. Comics interest me the most. Instead of a direct representation of reality, I suggest my idea of using powerful symbols. I use ‘card pop-outs’ and ‘ puppets’ as metaphors for showing hierarchy between the rulers and the oppressed and also the gender inequality in our society. I assign these characters with different roles and juxtapose them to convey my idea. The king and queen are, of course, the rulers, while puppets are the common men. Thus, there is a mixture of ‘real’ and ‘unreal’ .my paintings look as if telling a story, making my work ‘narrative.’ They represent moments that can be very different from each other, but each of them shows a mood and narrates an experience, ‘a story.’ whether that story is about myself or our society.
26 March 1986
- Master Of Fine Arts, 2009
- 3Rd Prize In Annual Art Exhibition, Chandigarh City, India.
- Lokmanya Tilak Art Exhibition, Pune City, India.
- 2Nd Prize In Annual Art Exhibition, Chandigarh City, India.
- Lalit Kala Academy, Chandigarh City, India.
- 11Th Annual Art Exhibition By Centurion Bank Of Punjab, India.
- Play Or Be Played, Lalit Kala Academy, India.
- Exhibition Of Scholarship Holders By Lalit Kala Academy, Chandigarh City, India.
- Master Strokes, Govt. College Of Art, Chandigarh City, India.
- Art Expo, Chandigarh City, India.
- Kala Maitri, Chandigarh City, india.
- ‘Turn The Tables’, Organised By Art Alive Gallery, New Delhi City, India.
- ‘Infiniti’ With Art, 2020 Group, Rabindra Bhawan, New Delhi City, India.
- ‘The Beating Pulse’, Rabindra Bhawan, New Delhi City, India.